Name of Course : Environmental Analyst
Affiliation : Approved By Technical Education & Training Department , Government of West Bengal
The Course: Protection of our environment in recent decades has become the topmost priority of the Government. A number of laws have been passed to this effect and a clearance from the concerned Ministry is now a prerequisite to set up any new industry or implement any new development project. It is also required to assess the environmental impacts of the industry/developmental project and take necessary remedial measures. However at present, there is a dearth of qualified environmental experts. A total of 39 batches have passed out from the Institute till now. The Institute provides job assistance to the students who complete the training successfully. This course has been approved by the Technical Education Department of Government of West Bengal.
Course Objective: The course endeavors to provide Environmental Experts (analysts) to upcoming and existing industries, laboratories and other organizations engaged in analyzing and monitoring environment with trained environmental analysts.
Course Background : The Environment Analyst Course offered by SEI is totally job-oriented. The course is 75% practical in the river/sea and 25% theory. Apart from theoretical classes by distinguished faculties, special emphasis is laid on practical classes. Moreover students get the benefit of industry visits so as to expose them to the practical world. Students also participate in seminars and live projects conducted by the Institute for hands – on training . As a result, upon completing the course, our graduates get placed from the campus itself.
A. Theory ::
- Environmental Conservation and Management
- Environmental Pollution/Degradation concept & categories.
- Air Pollution – sources & parameters
- Water Pollution – sources & parameters
- Land & Soil – Pollution/Degradation
- Concepts of Microbiology
- Fundamental concepts & techniques of Analytical Chemistry
- Environmental Ethics, Environmental Calendar, Environmental Law
- Environmental Impact Assessment
B. Laboratory And Field Work::
- Qualitative Analysis with Confirmatory test.
- Gravimetric Methods
- Titrimetric Methods
- Instrumental Techniques
- Sample Collection (Water & Soil)
Duration : 6 months (720 hours) – 5 days a week.
Download Admission Form: Environmental course-admission-form
Eligibility : Science graduate with Chemistry as one of the subject . Chemistry subject is 10+2 is essential .
Total Seats : 14 nos
Course Fee : Rs. 10,550 /– only ( Rupees Ten Thousand Five Hundred Fifty )
[ Form Fee Rs. 50/- + Course Fee Rs. 7,500/- + Contingency ( for full term rs. Rs. 2,000/-) + Examination Fee Rs. 500/- + Security Deposit Rs. 500/- ( refundable) ]
Course Session : Twice a year April & November
Course Updates :
- Admission CLOSED for Batch no. 43
- Admission OPEN for Batch no. 44 , Last date of Submission of Application : 22.11.2019 (Friday)
- New Batch information will be Announcing Shortly !!
Student Assessment Programme : Assessment of trainees is conducted at regular intervals. The trainees undergo several internal assessments during their training and the final examination is conducted by the Technical Education Department, Government of West Bengal. Certificates are awarded after successful completion of the course, by the Technical Education Department, Government of West Bengal.
- A congenial river – front ambiance of the Institute
- Well equipped laboratory
- Extra – mural facilities for conducting outdoor sampling of river water with the Institute’s own marine vessels and crew
- A resourceful Library
- Lectures with audio – visual teaching aid by renowned faculties
- Exclusive attention to individual students by the faculty and the administration.
- Assistance for suitable placement
Interested persons may be contact :
- Mr. Debashis Chatterjee , Course-in-Charge ( Environment) 9038808389
- Mr. Rudra Prasad Nandi , 94334 34301
- SEI WHATSAPP & HIKE 8961814084
The Institute: Sea Explorers’ Institute is a nonprofit making NGO established in 1987, supported by Govt. of West Bengal and recognized by Govt. of India. The institute is the only one of its kinds in the country and is pioneer in the field of sea and river exploration. It also promotes adventure sports. It is recognized by the Government of India and financed by the State and Central Government. The Institute undertakes different training programs on sea/marine oriented activities. Since 1995, Sea Explorers’ Institute has been successfully conducting a 6-month course viz. “Environmental Analyst” which is approved by the Technical Education Department of the Government of West Bengal.
Our Students are inducted :
West Bengal Pollution Control Board, Ghosh Bose Associates, Bharat Foundation, Kolkata,Ion Exchange, Kolkata; Centre for Man and Environment, Salt Lake ; Wetland Management & Ecological Design, Salt Lake; Mitra S. K. Kolkata; Envirotech, Kolkata; Envirocheck, Kolkata; Superintendence India Pvt. Ltd.; Bells Canadian Water Pvt. Ltd.; Tata Institute of Foundation Research, Bombay; South Eastern Railway, Kharagpur; Mukherjee Laboratory, Kolkata; P. C. Chandra & Sons, Kolkata; Titagarh Steels and Paper Mill, Kolkata; Pharmaceutical Company, Kolkata; Haneman Laboratory, Titagarh; Scientist in 3-Star Hotel, Goa; Scientific Research, Kolkata ;Bansal Group of Industries, Howrah ; Water Works in Kamarhati Municipality ; Water Works in Gardenreach Municipality; Das and Associates, Kolkata; Pollution Anlyser, Kolkata; Public Health Engineering (Govt. of West Bengal);Central Pollution Control Board (Govt. of India); Wooani hygiene (Pvt.) Ltd.; Scientific Research Ltd.; Patron Civil Engineering (Pvt.) Ltd.; Lab. Analytics;Food Corporation India;Zeolite India (Pvt.) Ltd.; R. V. Briggs; Diach Chemicals and pigments Pvt. Ltd.; Indicative Consultant India; N.D. International; Emami Limited; Eskag Pharma; Metro Dairy Limited; Himadri Chemicals Limited; Brahmaputra Mineral Water Pvt. Ltd.;Ma kamakhya foods and beverage ; Prayag Infotech Hirise Ltd.; Sikkim Govt. Food Preservation Factory; Bhaskar Steel and Ferro Alloy Ltd.; Pepsico International Limited; Suguna Foods Ltd.;Shalimar Pallets Feeds Ltd.;Diamond Beverage; Institute of Applied Quality Management (IAQM) ; Holy Cross Research Laboratory; Water lite Mineral Water Pvt. Ltd. ; S. M. Scientific Service; Purwanchal Food and Beverages; Allied Consultant; Toshniwal Beverage Pvt. Ltd.; Uma Aqua Mineral Industry; Del Agua Health, India; National Environmental Engineering Research Institute
Bhuban Mohan Ghosh Smiriti Puroskar
Sl. no. Name of the Recipient Batch no. Year
1. Miss Monalisa Gangopadhyay 35 2016
2. Mr. Shibnath Roy 34 2015
3. Mrs. Jayasree Jana 33 2014
4. Mr. Sangram Sen 29 2013
5. Mr. Pinaki Samanta 28 2012
6. Mr. Kartick Samanta 25 2010
7. Miss. Srishti Jaiswal 23 2009
8. Miss. Aishi Sengupta 03 2008
- Water quality analysis of Tolly Nullah during Post Monsoon [ December, 2014 ]
- Comparative Study of Rabindra Sarobar & Subhas Sarobar during monsoon [ September, 2013 ]
- Water quality analysis of Tolly Nullah during Monsoon [ September, 2012 ]
- Water quality analysis of Tolly Nullah during Post Monsoon [ January, 2011 ]
- Water quality analysis of Eden Garden during Post Monsoon [ November, 2009 ]
- Water quality analysis of Rivers of Sunderban [ September, 2009 ]
- Water quality analysis of Rabindra Sarabor during Pre-Monsoon [ April, 2009 ]
- Water quality analysis of Tolly Nullah during Post Monsoon [ September, 2008 ]
Course Activities :
A) SAMPLE COLLECTION : RIVER WATER & SOIL
B) LABORATORY WORK
C) CLASS :
D) AWARDS CEREMONY :
E) HOLI CELEBRATION :
F) ” KABI PARANAM ” CELEBRATION :