Survey of Present State of Art and Projection of National Demand of Marine Instrumentation and Possible Scope of Indianisation (1988-1989)
This project was awarded by the Department of Ocean Development, Government of India.
Its main objectives were to:
- Identify indigenous and imported marine instruments in use;
- Identify marine instruments that could be manufactured indigenously;
- Study the market of products and project the needs of the country for the next 20 years;
- Compile a data bank of the existing state, potential and national demand for marine instrumentation;
- Organize awareness programmes through short-term courses, seminars and workshops and
- Identify academic institutions, research laboratories and industries having the expertise or infrastructure to take up developmental and research work in this area.